In 2011, luthier Sheldon Dingwall and Alberto Rigoni started working on a new bass.
The concept was a very punchy and versatile bass, a mix between the ABZ and Z3 series, with an essential and elegant look.
After two years that model has been released and it’s called “AR5“.
it’s been awesome working with Alberto on this bass. We put our heads together and assembled all of Alberto’s favorite wood combinations and features to create a bass that performs like nothing else in our lineup. It’s a really nice addition – Sheldon Dingwall
Dingwall AR5 features:
- a dual density wood body (Northern Ash/Swamp Ash). Alberto loves this combination (no other Dingwall models have this combination) and thinks that it gives more balance in an “ash” tone territory;
- white gloss finish;
- 3 FD3 Dingwall pickups, with P-Tone in the neck position (amazing tone!). Through the 4-position rotary you can get the following pickups combination: a) neck b) bridge and neck in parallel c) dual bridge in series d) bridge. The volume knob is push pull and you can switch from active to passive mode;
- 3-band active Glockeklang preamp (40hz, 500hz, 18khz). When the bass is in passive mode the “highs” knob works as a tone, that’s a pretty cool thing!
- 5pc maple neck;
- Maple fingerboard with Luminlay front and side dot markers (very useful when you are on a dimly lit stage!;
- Hipshot hardware and Bass Xtender to drop from B to A;
- Alberto Rigoni’s logo on the back of the headstock.